How's Your Juggling?

4/06/2011

For at least 3 out of the 5 nights during the work week I wonder, "What am I going to make for dinner?"  or better yet, "What do I have time to make for dinner?"  Last week however, I planned ahead at least one day and marinated a pork loin, which I had cut into chunks for a quick stir fry the following night.  I have to give kudos to a dear friend, Touch, who over the years has introduced me to the simplistic, but wonderful world of Asian cooking, specifically Cambodian.  We have shared ideas and recipes and she never fails to impress me with flavorful, delicious meals.  This recipe is in honor of her for teaching me how to create a healthy, quick and tasty dinner that the whole family loves.  This is my no fail version of stir fry I have composed and even the pickiest of eaters ask for seconds.  The vegetables can be changed to suit your taste as can the meat or tofu, whatever!


Pork and Broccoli Stir fry

Ingredients

1 lb. pork loin cubed
3 Tbs vegetable oil
2 Tbs soy sauce
1 Tbs rice wine vinegar
1 tsp grated ginger
pinch red pepper flakes
1 tsp minced garlic (1 clove)
1 tsp roasted sesame oil
1 Tbs cornstarch
1 bunch of broccoli separated

Place all ingredients except 2 Tbs. oil and broccoli into a large plastic zip bag and place in refrigerator to marinate overnight.  Heat 2 Tbs of oil in skillet or wok over high heat until the point of almost smoking.  Remove pork from marinade and add to skillet stirring constantly, until browned about 3 minutes.  Add broccoli and marinade to skillet.  Continue to stir until sauce thickens.  Serve with rice*. 

*Tip:  For brown jasmine rice, bring 2 C water to boil and add 1 C rice.  Bring back to boil, cover pot and turn heat to low for 40 minutes.  This method produces fluffy, perfect rice every time.  Best to start the rice about 30 minutes before beginning the main dish as stir fry takes about all of 10 minutes.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

View my food journey on Zomato!