Take a Moment

3/18/2011

This morning our family had a moment of silence for those caught in the devastation in Japan one week ago today.  My heart goes out to my dear friends who have family there and also to those who aren't in my circle.  There is much to be grateful for and I often times don't say it or even think it enough, but I am so infinitely humbled by the blessings I have received in my life-a second chance at love (real love), a wonderful, compassionate husband who holds the priesthood , beautiful and healthy children, a warm and safe home, talents and abilities that enable me to serve others, wonderful and caring friends...the list goes on and on.  Today, please take a moment for our Japanese neighbors and friends.  There are many ways we can help just by serving those around us.  The American Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, and Convoy of Hope are all excellent organizations that have various ways to assist those effected by this disastrous earthquake and tsunami.

I am posting my favorite dip for vegetables, especially asparagus. It is a quick and easy addition to an afternoon snack or side dish.  Have a grateful day.

Roasted Red Pepper Dip with Steamed Asparagus

1 C mayonnaise
1 roasted red pepper
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1 lb. fresh asparagus

Place trimmed and washed asparagus in pot with steamer basket over med high heat.  Once steam begins to rise, cover and steam asparagus for 5 min.  Take off heat.
Place everything, minus asparagus in a food processor and blend until creamy. Serve along side steamed asparagus.  Serves 6

You Might Also Like

0 comments

View my food journey on Zomato!