Meatless Monday Part 1

8/27/2012

I am by no means vegetarian, or vegan or otherwise.  Saying this reminds me of a bumper sticker I once saw that read, "I love animals!  They're Delicious!"  I honestly cannot imagine going through life sans meat or fish, etc.  Having said this, we are going to begin making Mondays, our day free of meats.  But, not free of all animal products.  There is no rhyme or reason to this decision.  I only thought it would be good for us.  So, today is our first Meatless Monday. And not just one meal, but the whole day.
To begin, our breakfast consisted of cereal and milk for some and Traders Point Creamery Honey Yogurt and fresh blueberries for others.  The kids packed their lunches as usual and filled their boxes with peanut butter and/or honey/jelly on wheat, veggie chips, grapes, and pudding.  I will be having Tomato, Corn and Avocado Salad.  This is leftover from yesterday's lunch, but in my opinion is even better the next day.



photography from Marthastewart.com
Meatless Monday Part Deux  will feature our dinner meal.  I am even wondering what I will come up with, but thank goodness there are a plethora of delicious fresh vegetables from the garden.  Now, what to make?  Hmmmmmm?  Any suggestions are welcomed!

Pin It

You Might Also Like

0 comments

View my food journey on Zomato!