The Best Pumpkin Bread

10/29/2019




It's almost Halloween, there are big piles of leaves in our yard begging to be jumped in and the smell of pumpkin, apple and spices has filled our home.  When the weather gets cooler, I begin baking more it seems than any other time of year. I seem to have more overripe bananas for bread and I'm always grabbing an extra pie pumpkin for puree-or a can of puree if I'm not feeling like taking the time to make my own. This is a slight variation to my chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe, and I'd like to note that the pumpkin puree can also be switched out with mashed banana for a yummy banana bread.  I switched it up a little bit this year because I found these amazing pumpkin spiced pumpkin seeds at Trader Joes this year and they are delicious.  I love how Starbucks tops their pumpkin loaf with pumpkin seeds and when I saw these, I knew exactly how I was going to use them.  They are also amazing as a salad topper.  This bread is moist and packed with pumpkin flavor.  It's a favorite in our house and I make it year round.

Love,

Molly

Pumpkin Bread

Ingredients

2 C all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning

1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (15oz.) can pumpkin puree

4 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 C vegetable oil
2 cups granulated sugar
2 (3oz.) pkg. cook and serve vanilla pudding
1/4 C Pumpkin Seeds

Directions

Preheat oven to 350F.  In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie seasoning and salt.  Set aside.
In the bowl of your electric mixer or large mixing bowl, combine eggs, oil and pumpkin puree.  Next add sugar and pudding and mix until completely combined. Now slowly add the flour mixture.  Do not over mix, it will make the bread tough. 
Spray two 9" loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.  Then pour 1/2 the batter into each loaf pan.
Bake at 350F for 60 minutes or until tester placed into center of loaf comes out clean.  
Allow bread to cool completely before removing from pans.
This recipe can also be made into muffins or mini loaves.  Adjust the cook time accordingly. Mini muffins bake in about 12-15 minutes and mini loaves 20 minutes.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

View my food journey on Zomato!