CHICKEN, SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE GUMBO

5/09/2017


I feel like we should be building an ark here in Indiana with all of the rain we've had!  It's another chilly, rainy, spring day and I am definitely needing some warm comfort food for dinner tonight.  I'm a true believer that if you find something that is wonderful there is no need to change it!  Find my go-to recipe for GUMBO here.  Imma at African Bites has wonderful recipes and I use her recipes often.  If you can't find File (fee-lay), it's not a big deal.  This recipe is great without it.  But here's a tip, if you're in the Midwest, on your next hike be on the lookout for Sassafras trees.  They have three different shapes of leaves-this is how you can notice them.  One leaf is a typical oval style, another looks like a mitten, and the third looks like a hand with three fingers.  If the tree is plentiful with leaves, pick a couple of handfuls, dry them and then grind them into a powder and there you have it, file!  In the meantime, there's no hiking in our future.  At least not today, but perhaps the sun will come out.....tomorrow?

Love,

Molly

You Might Also Like

0 comments

View my food journey on Zomato!